Manpower Accounting Manager in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Do you want to be an integral part of ongoing activity? Are you ready to utilize your skills to guide teams on projects and new initiatives? Here is your opportunity to join the ManpowerGroup North America team and make a difference. If you are saying yes, ManpowerGroup is searching for you – we are hiring an Accounting Manager to join our team in Milwaukee!
This position will involve coordination and oversight of the monthly closing process and compliance with Sarbanes Oxley for ManpowerGroup North America; and providing leadership to the team directly responsible for this role. This role will interface with third party service providers, the finance group, the planning and analysis group and other disciplines.
This role requires:
• Ownership & Accountability
Ownership of area of responsibility, including fostering an environment of accountability in providing accurate and timely deliverables;
Initiate self-development that will enable you to become more knowledgeable about ManpowerGroup
Stay abreast of technical developments that impact the reporting function
• Organizational & Planning Skills
Ability to formulate and execute complex plans involving numerous tasks, resources, dependencies, and audiences
Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently
• Technical and Analytical Skills
Strong understanding of financial statements and accounting systems
Ability to research issues and provide guidance to drive resolution
Ability to lead and direct others
Ability to create and foster a positive team / work environment
Ability to work with staff on development plans
• Process Orientation
Ability to understand and map processes
Ability to provide guidance on process documentation, and to oversee the implementation of new processes
Ability to identify failure points/weaknesses in processes/systems and provide recommendations for improvements
Ability to interact with all levels of ManpowerGroup
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Solid presentation skills; ability to take complicated topics and present to a range of audiences
• Ownership of the monthly financial statement closing process. Includes coordination among various accounting team members to ensure tasks are completed and submitted timely, preparation of various analytical management reports, review of various analyses prepared by the team, timely submission of reporting package to global accounting team.
• Review of monthly management reports and forecast schedules; review of workpapers, required to insure adequate compliance within the SOX control environment.
• Coordination of external audit process, ensuring workpapers are completed, reviewed and delivered timely to the external auditors.
• Provide leadership for direct and indirect staff. Provide staff with a consistent and well thought out direction on tasks. Instill ownership and accountability into each position. Model expected work ethic, professionalism, customer service, and ownership. Provide direct staff with continuous and timely performance feedback, and track progress against objectives. Hold formal annual performance discussions and help team members set objectives/goals.
• Perform technical research on issues as needed. Provide guidance on process change/corrective action required to comply with accounting standards.
• Build and maintain a strong tie with cross functional teams and work with other departments to facilitate knowledge sharing and implement process changes and improvements.
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting required.
• Minimum 10 years relevant work experience.
• Minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
• Advanced degree and CPA desired
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft and HFM desirable
ManpowerGroup is an EOE/AA/Vets/Disabled Employer
Job: Finance and Accounting
Title: Accounting Manager
Requisition ID: 0018125