Manpower Strategic Sourcing Manager in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Do you want to help shape procurement with a global leader? Can you build and develop strong partnerships with key suppliers, as well as with internal leadership? If so, we are looking for you! ManpowerGroup is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager for our downtown Milwaukee Headquarters.
Reporting to Director, Strategic Sourcing & Real Estate – NA Legal, the Strategic Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the assessment, development, and execution of best practice sourcing strategies and initiatives for Manpower, Experis, Solutions, and Right Management for North American and Global Executive business owners. This position will be the strategic sourcing category leader and work with functional team leaders to plan, implement, and communicate supply strategy, supplier management programs, and drive cost savings & risk mitigation.
• Manage category contract portfolios to ensure that commercial obligations are met and the process of renewal or replacements of existing agreements are proactively managed.
• Demonstrate indirect and direct spend expertise.
• Develop and manage RFP’s that meet the business requirement and lead negotiations of large agreements. Furthermore, the Strategic Sourcing manager will liaise with legal, risk management, IT marketing, and finance to ensure favorable commercial terms, risk mitigation and robust ongoing SLA’s and performance metrics are incorporated.
• Demonstrate expertise in project management, contract negotiations, supplier development and performance management, communication, process improvement identification and implementation, price/cost analysis and pricing strategies.
• Create and implement supplier relationship programs and internal business relationship building that leads to increased productive managed spend on a domestic, international, and global basis.
• Works directly with leaders to guide and influence business decisions even beyond the organizational span of control.
• Minimum of 8-10 years in all aspects of domestic and/or global sourcing
• World class sourcing and supplier and category expertise
• Proven track record of building and managing sourcing activities within a global organization
• This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of domestic and global sourcing projects
• Ensures high quality project management best practices are utilized to ensure that projects and sourcing projects are well managed and communicated
• Own, develop and manage strategic sourcing plans and execute high profile sourcing projects
• Recommends and enlist support for sourcing strategies for critical products and services and lead identification and development of long term (local and global) sources
• Provides rigorous analysis of spend data, market information and industry benchmarks Draws upon strategic sourcing performance metrics to focus and channel resources towards the highest impacting initiatives while still providing advisement and consultation on lower risk and impact requests
• Establishes savings and process re-engineering goals and drive implementation
• This role includes building and maintaining strong relationships between Manpower home office, Experis, Solutions, and Right Management (Finance, Legal, Risk Management, IT, HR), domestic and global business leadership
• Leverages the above strong relationships to increase the spend under strategic sourcing management
• Evaluates suppliers based on qualitative and quantitative data gathered regarding performance, quality, competitive pricing and SLA metrics. Holds supplier meetings to review scorecard data and contract compliancy
• Promotes and maintain ethical relationships with all internal and external suppliers and customers
• Proven to lead among department peers in taking initiative and efficiently delivering timely high quality results
• Supports the implementation on ongoing Supplier Diversity Program
• The position is highly complex and often requires the establishment of work procedures and approaches. Most difficult level - demands critical assessment, evaluation, and interpretation in adaptation of experience, expertise, and independent judgment in key decision-making. This role requires advanced technical expertise and/or best practice functional knowledge, accomplishments and experience.
• Proficient at data mining, organizing and analyzing spend data to find new opportunities for strategic sourcing initiatives.
• Ability to read internal business partners and respond with an appropriate level of support; (i.e. when to lead and when to follow)
• Strong negotiation skills. Ability to multi-task, shift priority level, and perform in a fast-paced, results oriented, and time sensitive environment
• Solid business acumen to assess the overall benefits and risks of a contract/purchase
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Software, Google , Email Software, PC File and Internet usage
• Familiarity (but not expert knowledge) with Manpower systems preferred (e.g., Field PowerBase, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft Financials, Cognos) to allow for facilitation of business needs/considerations in projects
ManpowerGroup is an EOE/AA/Vets/Disabled Employer
Job: Business/Strategic Management
Title: Strategic Sourcing Manager
Requisition ID: 0018402